Tuesday, July 19, 2005

WTF - Why Old People Are a Road Hazard

Ok, so everyone I'm sure knows how infuriating it is to be driving on a highway, in the left lane no less, only to have to stomp on your brakes because Grandma is going 30 miles an hour. Well, 4 WTF day today, I couldn't help but share a bit of local news. That's right, the elderly gentlemen that's the subject of today's jeers lives right here in Maryland, Glen Burnie to be exact. Once again, from Chuck Shepherd:

An 82-year-old man who had locked himself out of his still-running car in Glen Burnie, Md., in June, was hospitalized with first- and second-degree burns after attempting to siphon gasoline from the car using an electric vacuum cleaner (a spark from which ignited gasoline vapors). He told police that he wanted to force the engine to stop by removing the rest of the gasoline. [The Capital (Annapolis), 6-16-05]

My only question is if his car was locked, where in the hell did he get an electric vacuum cleaner?? And wouldn't the most immediate thought be "gee, I'd better find a way to open the door, maybe jimmy it, or call a policeman." And not "gee, my car is still running, let me suck the gasoline out of the tank cuz I don't want the dang thing to go anywhere and leave me here stranded!"

"What the f*ck?!?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home